How can I learn C++ Builder?

This is the forum for miscellaneous technical/programming questions.

Moderator: 2ffat

How can I learn C++ Builder?

Postby Awareness » Tue Apr 01, 2014 5:02 pm

I think there are too less tutorials for C++ Builder on internet.Also there is no new book other than the e-learning e-book.Subscribing to c++ builder journal is a good idea,but I am not sure if it's enough? Before buying c++ builder, I am not sure if I can learn it with tiny amount of tutorials.I thought about starting Qt,but I am a c/c++ fan and seeing anything about QML makes me mad and digia is advertising QML heavily.

How did you learn C++ builder and firemonkey,without books?All the books I could find other than e-learning series e-book is old and for VCL.
Awareness
Active Poster
Active Poster

Re: How can I learn C++ Builder?

Postby HsiaLin » Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:45 pm

Most of the older books still apply to the newer c++ builder. Its not really that hard to do once you understand how c++ builder works. Its actually easier to use than visual basic is...much much easier in my opinion.
HsiaLin
BCBJ Master
BCBJ Master

Postby Awareness » Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:11 pm

Thanks for your answer.
Awareness
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby RBaroniunas » Fri Jan 30, 2015 2:16 pm

What was the best C++ Builder book available ? I read some reviews that Bob Swart C++ B 6 book was not that good, but it seems that nothing has been written on the compiler since 2003, is that true does anyone know ?
RBaroniunas
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby 2ffat » Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:56 am

It seems to me that Embarcadero has been pushing their community forums and YouTube videos to learn their compiler ins and outs instead of publishing books. I would recommend subscribing to C++ Builder's Journal (no surprise there) as well.
James P. Cottingham

Look at me still talking
when there is science to do.
2ffat
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Postby RBaroniunas » Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:59 am

Thanks, I am already doing that. It seems the last good C++ Builder programming books were back at version 6 and nothing after that. Personally I still think programming books play a major role in helping developers in picking up new stuff or just plain old reinforcement.
RBaroniunas
Active Poster
Active Poster

Return to Technical