NumberBox on a Popup

This is the forum for miscellaneous technical/programming questions.

Moderator: 2ffat

NumberBox on a Popup

Postby smd » Sun May 24, 2015 1:11 pm

XE8 Firemonkey

I made a small simple Popup on my TMemo with two buttons (OK, Cancel) and a NumberBox for entering a line number. The popup is a child of the form, and the buttons and edit box are child of the popup. The popup comes up correctly when isopen is set to true, and the two buttons respond correctly to the OnClick event for each button. The NumberBox is displayed on the popup along with the default value. Typing any numbers has no effect on the NumberBox. I can select the default value with the mouse, which will show highlighted, but typing any number has no effect. Clicking in the NumberBox has no effect.

So can an Edit type box be used on a Popup? I played with the various properties but nothing will let me edit the number in the box. I am stuck as to why I cannot type anything into the NumberBox. I tried using just a plain TEdit and it also had no response.

My other popups, all which use only buttons, I set the memo->enabled False at OnPopup, then set it True at OnClosePopup which works correctly. I tried not doing that and the edit box still will not let me edit.

I am stuck how to make the Edit box work.
-----------------------------
Scott
smd
BCBJ Guru
BCBJ Guru

Re: NumberBox on a Popup

Postby smd » Sun May 24, 2015 7:32 pm

Well I gave up trying to get a popup to use an edit box. I created a new form instead. That seems to work properly. Still seems that I should be able to use an edit box on a popup. Oh well,. The Embarcadero documentation is my Moriarty.
-----------------------------
Scott
smd
BCBJ Guru
BCBJ Guru

Return to Technical