XE10 C++ Formatter Options Missing

This is the forum for miscellaneous technical/programming questions.

Moderator: 2ffat

XE10 C++ Formatter Options Missing

Postby smd » Thu Sep 03, 2015 2:32 pm

After installing XE10, I am poking through the tool options to set things the way I like them. I do not like the default formatter options. The Tool->Options menu has settings for Delphi, but no settings for C++. XE8 had settings for both C++ and Delphi.

So... How do I change the formatting options for C++?

and while my ranting is starting to grow as I find stuff:

The code editor now shows a red arrow graphic after return and throw statements. How do I turn those off? I poked through the options menu, but could not find a setting for those.
-----------------------------
Scott
smd
BCBJ Guru
BCBJ Guru

Re: XE10 C++ Formatter Options Missing

Postby smd » Thu Sep 03, 2015 3:52 pm

Well apparently Embarcadero is as attentive to details as ever (sarcasm)

By going into Tools->Options->Formatter->Profile_and_Status

you can save to an XML file all the current formatting options. Then agonizingly go through the file with a text editor changing options to how you like them. Then of course you have to load the options at run time. Still playing with it.

I do not understand how Embarcadero could miss this. Well given their track record for messing things up, I guess I can understand, just do not get why they have such poor project management given how many people use their product.

ADDED:

OK, if you edit the XML file, you have to reload it while your project is open then save everything. The settings are saved and loaded the next time you start up XE10. But edits made before launching are not loaded for some reason, so you need to go into the tools options and reload the new settings.

ADDED:

The attached file is my formatter settings. I only tweaked the CPP settings. All the Delphi settings are default.
Basically I like a 2 space indent, braces on their own line, and a couple small tweaks. If you don't like it you can always reload the defaults or tweak the file to your liking.
Attachments
Formatter_MyFormat.zip
IDE Code Formatter Config File
(2.76 KiB) Downloaded 435 times
-----------------------------
Scott
smd
BCBJ Guru
BCBJ Guru

Return to Technical