Firemonkey and BorlandMM.dll dependency

This is the forum for miscellaneous technical/programming questions.

Moderator: 2ffat

Firemonkey and BorlandMM.dll dependency

Postby Marloes » Tue Oct 06, 2015 9:20 am

Is there any way to prevent FireMonkey applications from requiring that the BorlandMM.dll file be distributed with the application?
Marloes
Active Poster
Active Poster

Re: Firemonkey and BorlandMM.dll dependency

Postby 2ffat » Wed Oct 07, 2015 6:44 am

I haven't used FireMonkey so I don't know the exact settings but for VCL you can remove most dependencies by turning off (setting to false) the following two settings. To start, make certain that your program is set to build in "Release" configuration. You can change these settings in debug configuration but you will need to reset them in the release configuration, too.

In Project menu, select Options. This will open up the options form. Look for the C++ Linker option on the left-hand side of the form and select it . On the right-hand side look for Link with Dynamic RTL and click on the selection button to change true to false (off).

Next, look for Packages on the left hand side. If its submenu is not open, click on the angle sign (I don't know the "official" name of this) and then click on the Runtime Package option. On the right-hand side click on the button next to Link with runtime packages to turn it false (off).

Click on the OK button to save your settings. Please note that this increases the size of your .exe file.
Let us know if this works or not.
James P. Cottingham

Look at me still talking
when there is science to do.
2ffat
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Postby Lena » Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:48 am

Lena
BCBJ Master
BCBJ Master

Postby rlebeau » Wed Oct 07, 2015 5:52 pm

2ffat wrote:In Project menu, select Options. This will open up the options form. Look for the C++ Linker option on the left-hand side of the form and select it . On the right-hand side look for Link with Dynamic RTL and click on the selection button to change true to false (off).

And also the "Link with Delphi Runtime Library" in recent versions.
Remy Lebeau (TeamB)
Lebeau Software
rlebeau
BCBJ Author
BCBJ Author

Return to Technical