simple iOS & Android database apps - resources & advice?

This is the forum for miscellaneous technical/programming questions.

Moderator: 2ffat

simple iOS & Android database apps - resources & advice?

Postby Azazaz » Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:22 am

I've never done anything with iOS or Android, but would like to develop very simple apps for the Desktop application I'm developing. The latter is a relational database application (currently using Advantage with FireDAC components).

All the apps would need to be able to do is allow the user to gather data (mostly text, although simple graphics would be nice as well) on their tablet or phone, i.e., a copy (to the clipboard) and save (paste) to a database kind of thing so that the data could be imported at a later time into the main application.

It would be nice if they could do it in any other application, but even just doing it in a browser would be enough to start.

Anyway, I'm wondering if anyone has any advice on where to start? Not sure this really qualifies as a technical question as I'm not looking so much for specific code as resources that might help with the learning curve a bit.

Maybe it is inappropriate, but I thought it wouldn't hurt to ask. (But -- note to admin -- if it does, feel free to remove and my apologies.)
Azazaz
BCBJ Guru
BCBJ Guru

Return to Technical