XE7 deploy 64-bit missing rtl210.bpl

This is the forum for miscellaneous technical/programming questions.

Moderator: 2ffat

XE7 deploy 64-bit missing rtl210.bpl

Postby denville » Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:07 am

Hi, I am using XE7 to build a 64-bit version of an app; when I deploy the 32-bit build it runs perfectly but when I deploy the 64-bit build it fails on start-up with "...rtl210.bpl missing ...". I have built with Link with Dynamic RTL unchecked and Link with Runtime Packages unchecked (and confirmed same in 64-bit personality). I have of course several instances of the missing .bpl on the dev PC bit I don't understand how or why I have to deploy them.

Thanks in advance as usual.
denville
BCBJ Veteran
BCBJ Veteran

Re: XE7 deploy 64-bit missing rtl210.bpl

Postby smd » Tue Apr 02, 2019 2:33 pm

You have to copy those files to the folder you have the executable in on the new computer. Probably also need several other bpl library files. Just find them on your development computer (windows search works) then copy them. I put them all into an empty folder with the executable then zip it, then unzip into the folder on the other computer.

Not sure about XE7 but you can mess with the compile and link options to cause those files to be linked into the executable so you have a single standalone executable.
-----------------------------
Scott
smd
BCBJ Guru
BCBJ Guru

Re: XE7 deploy 64-bit missing rtl210.bpl

Postby denville » Tue Apr 02, 2019 5:59 pm

Thanks Scott. I guess I should have just tried that, but since it was never necessary for the 32-bit versions I assumed I was doing something wrong.

D.
denville
BCBJ Veteran
BCBJ Veteran

Return to Technical